Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer Saute

Use whatever fresh veggies that sounds good and are freshly available.  I ate this the first time
with summer squash, red pepper, cauliflower, and onion.

Slice, cut into  small trees ( if broccoli) slice on a diagonel with carrots (1/8-3/8s thick),
cut into strips red pepper.
I used small romanesque  zucchini, yellow patty pan types and yellow crookneck, very small
tender stuff, about 2 or 3 carrots, a red pepper and a large white onion.
Place in a hot not stick pan, and when veggies are getting hot pour a 1/4 of a cup of chicken broth
in the pan. I used a light sprinkling of Johnnys with garlic, salt and pepper, and stirred. When the broth started disappearing I added some more and about 2 tbsp of salted butter or margerine. Stir until
veggies are  cooked tender but still firm, the onion will be transparent. Sprinkle I tsp of Simply Asia
"swee ginger garlic" over them, stir and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment